List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike McLagan Date:March 17 1999 5:51pm
Subject:Re: libmysqlclient.a is broken
View as plain text
On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:11:40 +0200 (EET), Michael Widenius wrote:

>In the old distributed binary libmysqlclient.a file, we included the used
>libgcc.a library to get less problems.  With RPM:s we don't do this
>and this could be the source for your problem.

I should never have to specify libgcc.a to link something.  That seems somewhat
absurd that I would have to manually include the compilers helper library into
a program I just finished building.

Even if you did include it in the previous version, it shouldn't need to be
there.

The more important question is, why does the __ucmpdi2 symbol show up only with
3.22.XX builds of mod_auth_mysql ?

Besides, when linked with libgcc.a and a 3.22.XX libmysqlclient Apache will
segfault within libperl.a (called by mod_perl.so).  When linked with 3.21.32
Apache is perfectly happy to let mod_auth_mysql and mod_perl co-exist.

FWIW, mysql-devel-3.21.32a-1.i386.rpm and mysql-client-3.21.32a-1.i386.rpm do
not contain a private copy of libgcc.a  (I just redownlaoded and verified that
neither contains the lib).

>Have you compiled apache with the same compiler you compiled Apache?

Yes.

>What kind of MySQL distribution are you using.

3.22.20a.src.rpm + mysql.index500.patch

>Are you linking with libmysqlclinet.so or libmysqlclient.a ?

I'm using your RPM, your spec file, so no .so is generated.

>Which glibc version are you using?  The one that should work is:
>shell> rpm -q glibc
>glibc-2.0.7-29

2.0.7-19 the latest for RH 5.1

>If you are using binary RPM:s, one way out is to use source RPM:s for
>MySQL and Apache.

I have recompiled all of it on the machine in question.  Apache, MySQL,
mod_perl, mod_auth_mysql.  About the only thing I haven't compiled is Perl but
I see no need because it works otherwise.

   Mike was here...

Thread
libmysqlclient.a is brokenMike McLagan17 Mar
  • libmysqlclient.a is brokenMichael Widenius17 Mar
    • Re: libmysqlclient.a is brokenMike McLagan17 Mar
      • Re: libmysqlclient.a is brokenMichael Widenius18 Mar
        • Re: libmysqlclient.a is brokenMichael Hall18 Mar
    • Re: libmysqlclient.a is brokenMike McLagan17 Mar