List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 17 1999 5:38pm
Subject:Re: MySQL + sendmail
View as plain text
> I'm going to develop a web-based email system. The user
>information will be in MySQL database. The question: how to make sendmail
>to check if user exists in MySQL table? Have already somebody solved this
>problem? Is there a patch for sendmail to authentificate against external
>SQL database? May be other MTA, but sendmail if preferable.

It would probably be easier to roll your own server that supported SMTP (no
kidding!) or get one of the sendmail clones than hacking sendmail - the
code's a mess.

If you use 'sendmail -bt' on the back end, you can parse the output and
figure out if the message is deliverable.  Is that what you're trying to do?

Thread
MySQL + sendmailVladas Lapinskas17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailSarel Lugtenburg18 Mar
Re: MySQL + sendmailEd Carp17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailJim Faucette17 Mar
Re: MySQL + sendmailFred Lindberg17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailMike Little18 Mar