List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:June 2 1999 6:00am
Subject:libmysqlclient.so.6 missing in RPM versions?
View as plain text
I used to always compile mySQL myself, but for ease of use and upgrading, I wish
to use the RPMs now.
I've gotten them all to install and connect so far, but when I try to start up
my Apache 1.3.6/PHP3.0.7 httpd:

[root=ttyp0]10:55pm> ./apachectl start
/www/bin/httpd: error in loading shared libraries
libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I notice on another machine where I did compile mySQL, I have:
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6.0.0

So why didn't the RPMs install this?
am I supposed to have them?
and how can I get them there now without compiling?

Oh yeah, I also noticed that mysql doesn't start upon reboot automatically,
however if I run
"/etc/init.d/mysql start" it works just fine -- and I do have:

/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           15 Jun  1 21:48 S90mysql ->
../init.d/mysql*

(I'm using RH5.2 on an insane new VARserver 3000)

Thread
libmysqlclient.so.6 missing in RPM versions?Daevid Vincent2 Jun