List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 10 2000 3:14pm
Subject:Re: Interesting MySQL/Postgress comparison
View as plain text
At 8:58 AM +0200 7/10/00, Richard Ellerbrock wrote:
>The guys at PHPBuilder have done an interesting comparison of MySQL
>and Postgress.
>
>Check http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3?page=5&print_mode=1
>
>One thing though is that he claims stability problems with MySQL
>under load. I have never had stability problems, but then again I
>have never had over 100 concurrent threads running.
>
>--
>Richard Ellerbrock
>richarde@stripped

The article has very much the feel of a "this is how the two databases
work with my systems" comparison.  Unfortunately, the author seems to
want to turn his findings into conclusions that have general validity,
which I think is unwarranted.  His experiences with MySQL are certainly
different than mine, for example.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread