List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred T. Krogh Date:March 17 1999 5:21pm
Subject:Numbers / Database / C-API
View as plain text
Would it be reasonable to provide a function that returns an array of
generic pointers for the result set of a query, with it being the users
responsibilty to use the appropriate casts to get the values for the
individual columns?   And if similar functions were provided for
storing data into the database,  one would not need to convert from
numbers to strings (to get into mysql) then to numbers (inside mysql),
then to strings to get them back, then back to numbers to use them after

getting them out of the database.   Clearly things would be more
efficient with such functions, and in the case of floating point one
could be sure that data values are preserved.

I'm guessing all of this would be pretty easy to do, although
documenting it may take significantly more time.  (E
you don't have to do it!)

In the meantime -- I really am a happy user.  (Payment when I finally
get a site up on the web.)

Regards,
         Fred
fkrogh@stripped

Thread
Numbers / Database / C-APIFred T. Krogh17 Mar
  • Numbers / Database / C-APIMichael Widenius17 Mar