List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:June 1 1999 6:49pm
Subject:Admin: SPAM Countermeasures
View as plain text
The mysql lists currently have a SPAM incidence of about 1/1000. We
bounce a few incoming SPAM messages to the lists per day.

To further reduce SPAM, posts containing certain phrases will be
rejected. The words/phrases were chosen because they are frequent in
SPAM and don't occur in normal messages to the list.

If you in a post happen to include a restricted phrase/word, the
message will be bounced back to you with a list of "bad words" so that
you can adjust your message and post it again. We don't expect that
anyone posting regular messages will be "trapped" by this, but if you
are, please accept our apologies and post a revised message.

If you have any problems, please mail postmaster@stripped.

We do this in an attempt to provide a mysql support channel with a very
rapid turnaround and as high a signal/noise ratio as possible.

-postmaster

Thread
Admin: SPAM CountermeasuresFred Lindberg1 Jun