List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem Date:July 6 2000 12:47am
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23.21 released
View as plain text
Monty is this stable or beta?

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 12:35:11AM +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This problem mostly fixes some problems that was introduced in
> 3.23.19.
>
> The Berkeley DB support is much better than before and it looks like
> we can soon start including this in the MySQL distributions.
> (Note that we recommend users that want to try the BDB tables to wait
> until Berkeley DB does release 3.1.15 or above, as MySQL triggered
> some bugs in 3.1.14)
>
> Note that we will not anymore announce MySQL - Windows releases
> separately, but we aim to release the MySQL Windows version at about
> the same time as we do a the Unix release.
>

> Changes in release 3.23.21
> --------------------------
>
>    * Added `mysql_character_set_name(MYSQL *mysql)' function to the
>      MySQL API.
>
>    * Made the update log `ASCII 0' safe.
>
>    * Added the `mysql_config' script.
>
>    * Fixed problem when using `<' or `>' with a char column that was
>      only partly indexed.
>
>    * One would get a core dump if the log file was not readable by the
>      MySQL user.
>
>    * Changed `mysqladmin' to use the `CREATE DATABASE'/`DROP DATABASE'
>      commands instead of the old deprecated API calls.
>
>    * Fixed `chown' warning in `safe_mysqld'.
>
>    * Fixed a bug in `ORDER BY' that was introduced in 3.23.19.
>
>    * Only optimize the `DELETE FROM table_name' to do a drop+create of
>      the table if we are in `AUTOCOMMIT' mode.  (Needed for BDB tables).
>
>    * Added extra checks to avoid index corruption when the
>      `ISAM'/`MyISAM' index files gets full during an `INSERT'/`UPDATE'.
>
>    * `myisamchk' didn't correctly update row checksum when used with
>      `-ro' (This only gave an warning in subsequent runs).
>
>    * Fixed bug in `REPAIR TABLE' so that it works with tables without
>
>    * Fixed buffer overrun in `DROP DATABASE'
>
>    * `LOAD TABLE FROM MASTER' is sufficiently bug-free to announce it as
>      a feature.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

contact:
Dave Yadallee  NetLine 2000  The Edmonton Internet Service Company
root@stripped	 http://www.nl2k.ab.ca
414-5359
Thread
MySQL 3.23.21 releasedMichael Widenius5 Jul
  • Re: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedSystem Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem6 Jul
    • Re: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedMatt Wagner6 Jul
    • RE: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedDaevid Vincent6 Jul
      • AW: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedStephan Skusa6 Jul
        • RE: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedDaevid Vincent6 Jul
          • Re: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedsasha6 Jul
            • about addressing the DBI classbacon6 Jul
          • Re: MySQL 3.23.21 releasedDan Nelson6 Jul
  • Problem with SMP?Fraser MacKenzie8 Jul
    • Re: Problem with SMP?sasha9 Jul