List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:efrazier Date:June 1 1999 3:22pm
Subject:Re: myODBC and mySQL-preservationweb
View as plain text
hi,

We are going to end up needing about 3 or 4 different people to have access
to mySQL though myODBC. The problem is at least 2 of those people are using
dial in providers. As far as I know it will be difficult or impossible for
them to get a dedicated IP address that way. Is there any way that something
like a mask could be used instead of just a % in the user table? What is the
big problem with using just the user name and password for authetication? If
it is that they are not encrypted, then how do you send them encrypted from
Access without writting a VB app?

Thanks,

Eric

>>> http://faq.web2010.com/services/suprotate.cgi
>>> support2@stripped
>>>______________________________________________________
>>>

>>F R A Z I E R    C O N S U L T I N G       (519) 745-7093  fax (519) 745-6905
>>web design.........w i t h  a  t w i s t
>>http://www.kwinternet.com/

>If You Are Responding Back To This Message Please Leave
>Your Original Message In The Body Of This Message, So
>Support Can Refer To It - Thanks ;)
> Web2010 Support Desk
> Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (Eastern Time Zone)
> Sat & Sun 12pm-6pm (Eastern Time Zone)
> 843.842.9572
> http://faq.web2010.com/services/suprotate.cgi
> support2@stripped

Re: myODBC and mySQL-preservationwebefrazier1 Jun
  • Re: myODBC and mySQL-preservationwebSasha Pachev1 Jun
    • Re: myODBC and mySQL-preservationwebunknown1 Jun