List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:June 1 1999 12:18pm
Subject:Blob or Text field
View as plain text
Hello,

I have several Mysql databases that hold information for forms and tests
- and I have been using the blob field definition for users entering
text.  Everything seems to be working great- although when I bring my
data into Word's Access the blob fields are not initially there, but
appear after I change a setting for that field to memo.  Should I think
about changing these fields to text fields.  What is the best field type
to use for collecting text in this situation and why?

Thanks in advance,

Douglas

Thread
Blob or Text fieldDouglas Brantz1 Jun