List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robin Bowes Date:June 1 1999 7:21am
Subject:RE: Running MySQL under tcpserver/superv
View as plain text

> Why do you want MySQL to run under tcpserver? What
> benefits would it give you as opposed to the regular
> configuration?

Hi Sasha,

There are two benefits as I see it:

1. tcpserver enables better control of just who connects to the program
it is controlling, ie limit max. connections, restrict IP addresses that
can connect.

2. I use tcpserver for nearly all the other programs I manage, and I
always strive to reduce the number of different control interfaces I need
to remember!

Are you familiar with djb's supervise?  If so, am I right in thinking
that MySQL should run OK under the control of supervise?

Cheers,

R.
 --
Robin Bowes, System Development Manager, Equal Opportunities Commission,
Room 405A, Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.