List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robin Bowes Date:June 1 1999 7:21am
Subject:RE: Running MySQL under tcpserver/superv
View as plain text
> Why do you want MySQL to run under tcpserver? What
> benefits would it give you as opposed to the regular
> configuration?

Hi Sasha,

There are two benefits as I see it:

1. tcpserver enables better control of just who connects to the program
it is controlling, ie limit max. connections, restrict IP addresses that
can connect.

2. I use tcpserver for nearly all the other programs I manage, and I
always strive to reduce the number of different control interfaces I need
to remember!

Are you familiar with djb's supervise?  If so, am I right in thinking
that MySQL should run OK under the control of supervise?

Robin Bowes, System Development Manager, Equal Opportunities Commission,
Room 405A, Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 838 8321  Fax: +44 (0) 161 835 1657
RE: Running MySQL under tcpserver/supervRobin Bowes28 May
  • Re: Running MySQL under tcpserver/supervSasha Pachev28 May
RE: Running MySQL under tcpserver/supervFred Lindberg28 May
RE: Running MySQL under tcpserver/supervRobin Bowes1 Jun