List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:July 2 2000 12:02am
Subject:Re: floating number error
View as plain text
>The problem is that you are using MySQL 3.22, which didn't have
>support for the true floating point format.  The fix is to upgrade to
>3.23 and define the column as
I am wondering what is the accuracy of 3.22.XX for floating point
numbers.  I have a number of fields defined as Float(4).  The most accurate
number stored is to 3 decimal places, ie. 34.695

Will I run into problems?

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
floating number errorMichael Widenius1 Jul
  • Re: floating number errorChristopher R. Jones2 Jul
    • Re: floating number errorsinisa2 Jul
    • Re: floating number errorMichael Widenius2 Jul