List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:May 30 1999 10:43pm
Subject:moving a db
View as plain text
Im trying to send a database to a new server on my localnet.

mysqldump -u root -pmy_passwd -hOLDserver.com database_name | \
mysql -u root -pmy_passwd -hNEWserver.com database_name

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: access denied for user: 'root@stripped'
(Using password: YES)

on the NEWserver i have created the new database. I also on the OLDserver
have done:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on *.* TO root@stripped
mysql> IDENTIFIED BY 'my_passwd' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

My question is, why cant mysqldump have access on the OLDserver?
I can: mysql -u root -p
Enter password: ********
and access all db's from the OLDserver. Of course all privileges have been
set for 'localhost' for 'root'
Also, privileges were set for root@stripped on root@stripped so
that it will populate the database.

I have done this before with no problems. Am i just missing something
here?

OS> Redhat 5.2
MySQL version> 3.22.22

thanks in advance,