List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 28 2000 1:54pm
Subject:Re: mysql aborting
View as plain text
Maribel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install mysql-3.23.17-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz over redHat 6.2.
> When I run configure, the tables are successfully created, but the safe_mysql daemon
> dies just after being launched, and I obtain the following message error in de
> /data/my_host file:
>
> mysql started
> Please, read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld as a
> root!
> Aborting
>
> However, I am running as a root!

You shouldn't be, that is why you are supposed to read the "Security" section of the
manual.

> Could you give me any advice?  Thanks in advance

Thread
adv. Free Gas!!!! Free Long Distance!!!!OpalnDale14 Mar
  • spam/Re: adv. Free Gas!!!! Free Long Distance!!!!P.E. Paul A. Franz14 Mar
  • Re: mysql abortingsinisa28 Jun
  • Re: mysql abortingGerald Clark28 Jun
  • mysql abortingMichael Widenius28 Jun