List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 30 1999 6:01pm
Subject:Re: Performance
View as plain text
At 9:36 PM +1000 5/30/1999, Michael Farr wrote:
>I need to know how this database would perform, before I create it.
>
>I will have 20 000 people in the database, each with an average of 8 images
>@ 125k each.
>eg a table with 160 000 images @ 125 k each pointing to another table with
>100 000 records
>total approx = 20 Gb

Immediate problem: MySQL has an internal limit of 4GB on table sizes.
And you're running on Linux, so the OS will probably limit you to 2GB.
(thus it wouldn't matter what database system you're using: if your
table needs to be bigger than 2GB, you won't be able to do it.)

MySQL 3.23, when it comes out, will have support for 63-bit file sizes,
but only for OSes that have large file support.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
PerformanceMichael Farr30 May