List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christiano Anderson Date:May 29 1999 2:42pm
Subject:Re: Installing MySql
View as plain text
Hi Chris, Hi all,

Thanks for helping me!!

I found one good solution to use the Apache + PHP3 + Mysql into a Debian
Linux... I got the Mysql module for PHP3 available at
http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/web/php3-mysql.html

The package install the module 'mysql.so', in /usr/lib/apache/1.3
directory.

When you are building a PHP3 script and need to call a mysql database,
just add the line dl("mysql.so") and this automatically loads the
module. MySql is now working!!!

I think this tip should be usefull for someone.

Regards,

Anderson

Chris wrote:

> On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 02:02:51PM -0300, Christiano Anderson wrote:
>
> > What's the best way to install de Apache + PHP3 + MySql into a Debian
> > 2.0 GNU/Linux??? My system is:
> >
> > Linux Kernel 2.0.36
> > Apache 1.3.3
> > PHP 3.0.5
> > MySql 3.21.33
> >
> > All these packages are installed on my system, but the connection
> > between the MySql and PHP doesn't work.. What shall I do?? Anyone can
> > help me??
> >
> Yeah, I've been struggling with this problem for a while, now.  However,
> I've found a solution.  I don't know how much upgrading is necessary on yr
> part, but here's what i have:
>
> Debian Potato (2.2?)
> Kernel 2.2.6
> Apache 1.3.6
> PHP 3.0.7
> MySQL 3.22.20a
>
> The thing you need to do (or at least what worked for me) is to build yr own
> PHP module with mysql support.  Pull down the source to PHP 3.0.7.  If you
> follow the directions in the INSTALL.REDHAT file in the root directory of
> the PHP source tree, you should be set.  It looks like you'll need at least
> Apache 1.3.4, though.  Just upgrade to Slink (Debian 2.1) and you should
> be fine for that requirement ;-)  Apt-get is yr friend (assuming apt comes
> with 2.0...).
>
> -Chris
Thread
Installing MySqlChristiano Anderson28 May
  • Re: Installing MySqlChris29 May
  • Re: Installing MySqlChristiano Anderson29 May