List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 28 1999 4:38pm
Subject:Re: mysql --host= Gets ERROR 1130: Host '' is not
View as plain text
Scott wrote:
> Does anyone know what command to use to connect to remote database or where I can
> find some examples to connect to remote DB using Perl?

I think the problem has to do that does
not have an record in your DNS (I checked),
so gethostbyaddr() will return a NULL. A couple of

- fix your DNS server configuration
- add somehost to your /etc/hosts on the

What MySQL is actually doing can be found in the source,
but I just do not have the time to search. Monty or
someone who has looked at this part of the source,
correct me if I am way off.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
mysql --host= Gets ERROR 1130: Host '' is not allowedScott28 May
  • Re: mysql --host= Gets ERROR 1130: Host '' is not allowedSasha Pachev28 May
Re: NewsgroupsFred Van Andel1 Nov