List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:June 20 2000 3:49pm
Subject:Re: Exporting table & displaying data.
View as plain text
Sinisa,

I tried to add the --vertical and also the -E in the following statement where
would it go?

select * from test where id="1";

I can only get it to work by ending the line with \G and then it displays the
fields and data vertical layout.
Is there a way to view the fields with details (like the description mode) and
the data in the last column?
Is there a way to pipe the output of the screen to a file from within mysql? I
usually copy and paste but there must be a faster way.

Figured out the table export:

Mysqldump --tab=dir_name databasename tablename

Thanks for all the help:

sinisa@stripped wrote:

> Douglas Brantz writes:
>  > Hi - I have 2  mysql questions:
>  >
>  >
>  > Part 1
>  > Is there a way to export a table into a txt doc. with the data in
>  > columns.
>  > I know that one can do a mysqldump of the db but what about 1 table?
>  > and I know that you can force table with -t.
>  >
>  > Part 2
>  > I just wondered if there was a way
>  > not to wrap the lines so, if I have 70 fields - and I want to view one
>  > record - select * from
>  > the table where id="1" and then have it display verticle instead of
>  > horizontal? so that it
>  > would look exactly like a describe command with the return of data in
>  > the last column?
>  >
>  > Or if the return had to be horizontal in layout could it do the first 5
>  > fields and then skip a few lines
>  > and under that do the next 5 fields etc for all 70 fields?  This is for
>  > export to print or to view on screen.
>  >
>  > Its not bad viewing it in the format I get on screen, but it would make
>  > it easies and cleaner
>  > to view if it wouldn't wrap and I'm curious on the display formats
>  > available.
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  >
>  > Douglas
>  >
>  > --
>  >
>  > Douglas Brantz
>  > Computer Consultant
>  > Fine & Applied Arts
>  > Appalachian State University
>  > Boone, NC 28608
>  >
>  > 828-262-6312 FAX
>  > 828-262-6549 OFFICE
>  > brantzdr@stripped
>  >

> Hi!
>
> Regarding your first quesiton, if you do:
>
> mysqldump --tab=..... database table
>
> you will get .sql and .txt files in ..... directory for one table
> only.
>
> To view data vertically use mysql iwth --vertical option.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinisa

> |      ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  MySQL AB                |
> |     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
> |    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped     |
> |   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Larnaka, Cyprus             |
> |             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant
> [...]

Thread
Exporting table & displaying data.Douglas Brantz20 Jun
  • Re: Exporting table & displaying data.sinisa20 Jun
  • Re: Exporting table & displaying data.Douglas Brantz20 Jun
    • Re: Exporting table & displaying data.sinisa21 Jun