List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:June 20 2000 12:25pm
Subject:Exporting table & displaying data.
View as plain text
Hi - I have 2  mysql questions:

Part 1
Is there a way to export a table into a txt doc. with the data in
columns.
I know that one can do a mysqldump of the db but what about 1 table?
and I know that you can force table with -t.

Part 2
I just wondered if there was a way
not to wrap the lines so, if I have 70 fields - and I want to view one
record - select * from
the table where id="1" and then have it display verticle instead of
horizontal? so that it
would look exactly like a describe command with the return of data in
the last column?

Or if the return had to be horizontal in layout could it do the first 5
fields and then skip a few lines
and under that do the next 5 fields etc for all 70 fields?  This is for
export to print or to view on screen.

Its not bad viewing it in the format I get on screen, but it would make
it easies and cleaner
to view if it wouldn't wrap and I'm curious on the display formats
available.

Thanks,

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
Exporting table & displaying data.Douglas Brantz20 Jun
  • Re: Exporting table & displaying data.sinisa20 Jun
  • Re: Exporting table & displaying data.Douglas Brantz20 Jun
    • Re: Exporting table & displaying data.sinisa21 Jun