List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: cookies and PHP3
View as plain text

"Whizkids Infotech Private Limited, New Delhi" wrote:

> I am using PHP and Mysql.  I am using the function
>
> SetCookie("var",value);
>
> to put a variable in the user´s browser, and i am able to read the
> Cookie
> while i do not close the browser.  But after i close the browser and
> open it
> again, the cookie has gone.  Do you know how to make a Cookie
> permanently?
> for example, if i close the browser that the the cookie value won´t be
> lost.

If you want the cookie to last longer then the browser session you
have to set the cookie expiration date. Look at the SetCookie()
function in the PHP manual for an example.

--leif

Leif Thuresson               Tel:    +46-18-4713860
Uppsala University           Fax:    +46-18-4713833
The Svedberg Laboratory      E-mail: leif.thuresson@stripped
P.O.Box 533
S-751 21 Uppsala
Sweden

Thread
cookies and PHP3New Delhi Whizkids Infotech Private Limited28 May
  • Re: cookies and PHP3Unknown Sender28 May