List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:May 28 1999 4:52am
Subject:Re: Mysql Newbie and errors
View as plain text
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Bigblock Industries wrote:

> Hi I am a serious Newbie.
> Have just installed mysql on Linux and am getting :
>

>  [shutdown@ns admin]# /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password
> /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
>
> What is this and what is this? I am logged on as root...

Hi Amy, its in the manual at www.mysql.com. If you have set a password
use:

mysql -uroot -pyour_password_here
Then hit enter and that should get you in the database.

typing: mysqladmin   will get you a list of server commands that
can be used from console. Of course using your uid and password.

Thread
Mysql Newbie and errors(Bigblock Industries)28 May
  • Re: Mysql Newbie and errorsDarrell Shifflett28 May