List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Dudley Date:May 28 1999 12:56am
Subject:Re: mySQL for OS/2
View as plain text
** Reply to message from Christoph Brendes <brendes@stripped> on Thu, 27 May 1999
15:03:39 +0200

> Sorry for my late answer,
>
> David Dudley schrieb:
> >
> > When I installed 3_22_19b it came with a DLL called "pthrdrtl.dll" which the
> > install script moved into the emx dll directory successfully.
> >
> > When I try to run ANY of the programs from that distribution, I get a
SYS2070
> > about pthrdrtl.dll not being able to load "EMXLIBCM.876".
> > I have "EMXLIBCM.DLL" in the directory, but don't know what the ".876" part
is.

> I didn't know this part too. Do you use emx for other programs or is it
> only for
> mySQL? For me It sounds like the emx libs are not correctly installed.
> How you set the emx environment variables?

I use EMX for a lot of other programs, both for development purposes, and for
the production
systems here.

Not to say that its all installed correctly, cause I do have 1 other program
with unrelated
problems, but for the most part, everything works OK, both from a development,
and a
running direction.

envirionment variables are set with the 'set' command.  Here are mine related
to EMX

REM * * * * * EMX STUFF * * * * *
SET C_INCLUDE_PATH=./;../;./INC;../INC;../../INC;C:/EMX/INCLUDE
SET
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=./;../;./inc;../inc;../../inc;C:/EMX/INCLUDE/CPP;C:/EMX/INCLU
DE;e:/tlkt/h
SET PROTODIR=C:/EMX/INCLUDE/CPP/GEN
SET OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/EMX/INCLUDE
SET LIBRARY_PATH=C:/EMX/LIB;C:\JAVA11\LIB;
REM SET GCCOPT=
SET TERM=MONO
SET TERMCAP=C:/EMX/ETC/TERMCAP.DAT
SET INFOPATH=C:/EMX/INFO
REM * * * * * EMX STUFF * * * * *

in addition, the bin directory is in the path, the dll directory is in the
libpath, the help directory is in the help path.....
along with several other items.

Thanks for your time-

Thread
mySQL for OS/2David Dudley21 May