List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 27 1999 8:55pm
Subject:Re: MYSQL vs. *
View as plain text
Neil wrote:

> Is MYSQL similar to Oracle and other major databases?
>
> If so in what ways is it different?
>
> I am trying to get a handle on what exactly MYSQL is.
>
> Neil

The answer I believe can be found at
http://www.mysql.com

MySQL is a real SQL database just like Oracle or
Informix, although there are certain SQL features that
it does not implement. In most applications you can come
up with a workaround for the missing feature that your
application needs.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)