List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 14 2000 6:32am
Subject:Re: How to speed up this join?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 13), Jeremy D. Zawodny said:
> How is it that MySQL can not know the Cardinality on a an Index I
> created just moments before? Why did I need to `isamchk -a' in the
> first place?

bug? :)   Probably because the analysis code lived in isamchk and they
never copied it over to mysqld.  As they move more of myisamchk into
mysqld, I expect the base mysql commands will gain functionality.

> FWIW, this was in 3.22.32. I'll be upgrading this machine to 3.23.xx
> soon so that I don't have to shut down the server to run isamchk
> anymore.

You don't need to shut down to run -a;  I never have, at least, and
have never corrupted anything.  I just flush tables after running
isamchk.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped