List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harry Brueckner Date:March 17 1999 12:04pm
Subject:C-API
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a question regarding the C-API or maybe even MySQL itself.

I would like to detect if my application hits the border of a column e.g. if a
field is defined as tinyint and the application tries to insert a value > 127.
MySQL cuts off this value and inserts/updates it as 127 but it would be nice if
there would be a way to detect that something went wrong.

Proofreading every statement isnt a very fast way to check if a value was cut
off or not. :-)

Harry

  PGP fingerprint: B9 EE 83 0C 1F 48 54 50  9F A7 7A 00 6C 94 36 02
  PGP public key available by fingering harry@stripped

Thread
C-APIHarry Brueckner17 Mar
  • C-APIMichael Widenius17 Mar