List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michal Ludvig Date:May 27 1999 11:27am
Subject:Corrupted database - SOS
View as plain text
Hello,
One of my tables in MySQL database is corrupted and even isamchk cannot
repair it.
I have a table with an  UNIQUE field (say ip). Unfortunately index file
ahs corrupted and MySQL allowed me to write one ip more than once. (at
least I think that is the problem).

When I tried to repair ISM file using isamchk (isamchk -r, isamchk -o, ...
all of the possibilities from MySQL documentation, including DELETE FROM &
isamchk -r -q), it always fails with:

/home/mysql/dcip# isamchk -r -q ip_tbl
- check delete-chain
- recovering ISAM-table 'ip_tbl.ISM'
Data records: 0
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3
isamchk: warning: Dupplicate key for record at  102626864 against record at   88507329
Quick-recover aborted; Run recovery without switch 'q' or with switch -qq
ISAM-table 'ip_tbl' is not fixed because of errors
/home/mysql/dcip#

With other switches it fails with other messages.

Do you have any idea how to fix it? Or how to extract data from ISD
without running MySQL (mysqldump gives me only about 30.000 records while
the table contains more than 1.700.000 rows.

Thanks
Michal Ludvig

Thread
Corrupted database - SOSMichal Ludvig27 May
  • Re: Corrupted database - SOSVan27 May
  • Corrupted database - SOSMichael Widenius2 Jun