List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Rogers Date:May 27 1999 5:33am
Subject:Re: Embedded select
View as plain text
On a higher level, why doesn't MySQL support select operands i.e. nested
selects/subqueries?  Given a well-designed basic SQL parser, it is trivial
to add this feature (shouldn't take more than a day or so).  While I
haven't delved into the parsing code for MySQL, I *have* written SQL
parsers in the past and am familiar with the issues.

Regards,

-James Rogers
 jamesr@stripped

At 07:23 AM 5/26/99 -0400, you wrote:

>> I try to do an embedded selct that doesnt work
>> here ar emy tabels and the syntax I am using. Can anybody see what's wrong
>> with it?
>
>Hi Sandrine, MySQL doesn't support nested selects at this time.
>
>--Chris
>
>> select * from produit where
>>   (OR_Code = ('select * from organisme where OR_Raison='CAFAL' '));

Thread
Embedded selectSandrine C.26 May
  • Re: Embedded selectChris26 May
    • Re: Embedded selectErik Liljencrantz26 May
    • Re: Embedded selectJames Rogers27 May
      • Re: Embedded selectMichael Widenius2 Jun
RE: Embedded selectGert van 't Hof26 May