List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Date:May 27 1999 4:25am
Subject:Re: Web application benchmark results
View as plain text
> > I finally got around to installing PHP on our web
> > server, and to celebrate the event, I decided to run a
> > simple benchmark to compare CGI's in C, C++, Perl and
> > SSI, PHP, and raw HTML. I must admit that the benchmark
> > was greatly skewed to favor server parsed languages. The
> > measurement in question was the response time for a
> > request that would send the following HTML:

> > So really the test was about how it it takes to get
> > started, since the amount of time it takes to send the
> > result over 10MB Ethernet is less than 1ms. So here are
> > the results (Linux 2.0.29, Pentium II 233, 64 MB RAM, UW
> > SCSI, Apache 1.3.6 with PHP 3.0.7):
> >
> > Method          Response time (ms)
> > static HTML      2
> > SSI              4
> > PHP              5

And Zend is going to be even faster????

> > Statically
> >  linked
> > C CGI            6
> >
> > Dynamically
> > linked C CGI     9
> >
> > Raw Perl CGI     16
> >
> > Statically
> > linked C++ CGI   19
> >
> > Perl CGI
> > with
> > require 'cgilib.pl' 37
> >
> > Dynamically
> > linked C++ CGI   39

Thread
Web application benchmark resultsSasha Pachev27 May
  • Re: Web application benchmark resultsVan27 May
  • Re: Web application benchmark resultsDave27 May
    • Re: Web application benchmark resultsSrfRoG27 May
  • Re: Web application benchmark resultsSasha Pachev27 May
    • Re: Web application benchmark resultsRitschie27 May
      • Re: Web application benchmark resultsDavor Cengija27 May
  • Re: Web application benchmark resultsVivek Khera27 May
    • Re: Web application benchmark resultsRitschie28 May
      • Re: Web application benchmark resultsSasha Pachev28 May
  • Re: Web application benchmark resultsSasha Pachev27 May
Re: Web application benchmark resultsmab27 May
  • Re: Web application benchmark resultsSasha Pachev27 May