List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BAUMEISTER Alexandre Date:June 9 2000 8:32am
Subject:BUFFERING load data local
View as plain text
Bonjour,

  Today,  when we do a "LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE ..." the table in which
  the data are loaded is locked while the data are transferred between
  the client and the server.

  This is really bad for Mysql performances especially when the client
  is far away from the server (with slow connection) !

  A  good  improvement would be to buffer the data on the server while
  receiving  from  the  client and to lock/load the data only when all
  the data have been transferred.

  The  buffer  could be in memory or in a temporary file and the could
  be an option which would limit the size of this buffer.

  I think this would really be an improvement. Monty already took care
  of  my previous request when I ask not to lock table while sending a
  query  result  to  a  client  (the SQL_BUFFER_RESULT option was then
  added) and I think this new request is of interest too.

  Regards,
  Alex.

Thread
Security problems with grant tablesrhopkins31 May
  • Re: Security problems with grant tablessinisa31 May
  • Re: Security problems with grant tablesBenjamin Pflugmann31 May
RE: Security problems with grant tablesQuentin Bennett31 May
Re: Security problems with grant tablesRolf Hopkins1 Jun
  • Re: Security problems with grant tablesBenjamin Pflugmann2 Jun
    • Testement of ReliabilityKen Berland3 Jun
      • Re: Testement of Reliabilitysasha4 Jun
        • Uptime second counter overflow?Ralph Graulich4 Jun
          • Re: Uptime second counter overflow?sinisa5 Jun
            • Re: Uptime second counter overflow?Ralph Graulich5 Jun
        • Re: Testement of ReliabilityTim Bunce4 Jun
      • Re: Uptime second counter overflow?sasha5 Jun
      • Re: Testement of Reliabilitysasha7 Jun
        • Re: Testement of ReliabilityTim Bunce7 Jun
          • Re: Testement of ReliabilityWesley Darlington7 Jun
      • Re: Testement of Reliabilitysasha7 Jun
        • RE: Testement of ReliabilityCheng-Wei Cheng7 Jun
  • BUFFERING load data localBAUMEISTER Alexandre9 Jun
    • Re: BUFFERING load data localsinisa9 Jun
    • BUFFERING load data localMichael Widenius10 Jun
Re: Testement of ReliabilityRalph Corderoy7 Jun