List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 26 1999 4:19pm
Subject:Re: Alternate password verification
View as plain text
sTtAeNvGe wrote:

> Does anyone know of or can point point me to any resource regarding alternate
> password verification for MySQL?  We are running a radius server for password
> verification and would like to have users of the database verify via the same
> means.  So, are there any plugins, patches or  contribs that would allow this
> to be done?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> We are running myslq-3.22.22 on a Solaris 2.6 machine.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steve Tang
>
> --
> Steve Tang | e-mail: sswt@stripped | phone: (732) 445-4479
> Rutgers University Computing Services | Busch Campus | Hill Center 144

What kind of password verification are you talking
about? If you need to authenticate users independent of
database users, it is quite simple to set up:

create table auth(login char(16) not null primary key,
pass char(16));
insert into auth values('scott', password('tiger'));
insert into auth values ('joe', password('secret'));

to authenticate a user:

select count(*) from auth where login = '$login' and
pass = password('$pass')

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)