List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 7 2000 2:12pm
Subject:Re: release_lock sometimes fails
View as plain text
Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Gerald Clark:
> > smurf@stripped wrote:

> > >         Program A:
> > >                                 Program B:
> > >         select get_lock("A",10) => 1
> > >                                 select get_lock("B",10) => 1
> > >                                 select release_lock("B") => 1
> > >         select release_lock("A") => 0
> > >
> > >         Duh???
> >
> > This is correct.
> > You may hold only one lock at a time.
> > The second lock releases the first.
> >
> What???
>
> These are DIFFERENT PROGRAMS! Of _course_ they can hold those two locks
> at the same time!

Sorry, your indentation was not clear on my browser.
Each connection can hold only one lock.
I didn't see that they were separate connections.

Sorry.

Thread
release_lock sometimes failsUnknown Sender7 Jun
  • Re: release_lock sometimes failsGerald Clark7 Jun
    • Re: release_lock sometimes failsUnknown Sender7 Jun
  • Re: release_lock sometimes failsGerald Clark7 Jun
  • Re: release_lock sometimes failssinisa7 Jun
  • Re: release_lock sometimes failssasha7 Jun