List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 26 1999 10:11am
Subject:Re: query across multiple tables
View as plain text
Elvis wrote:

> I have a query that runs across 5 tables.
>
> The first 3 contain corresponding data that would only take up one line.
>
> the last 2, could have up to 2, or 3 lines.
>
> If I do a query, I get the correct information back, however, the first 3 fields show
> duplicated data.
>
> Example:
>
> I want it to read something like...
>
> NAME    TITLE           FUNC    TEAM    ASSIGN   TASK
> joe     cow herder      moo     team1   milking  gather buckets
>                                         feeding  look at the monkeys
> bob     sheep hrder     baa     team2   herding  shepard
>
> instead of
>
> NAME    TITLE           FUNC    TEAM    ASSIGN   TASK
> joe     cow herder      moo     team1   milking  gather buckets
> joe     cow herder      moo     team1   feeding  gather buckets
> joe     cow herder      moo     team1   feeding  look at the monkeys
> etc
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Bill

Hi Bill

Sorry, you can't do that in SQL.
If you need this output, you have to format it on the client side in your program
yourself.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
query across multiple tablesElvis25 May
  • Re: query across multiple tablesChristian Mack26 May
  • query across multiple tablesMichael Widenius2 Jun