List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 25 1999 4:34pm
Subject:Re: Linux on SPARC
View as plain text
Leigh Porter wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I have built Mysql 3.22.22 on a SPARC20 running Redhat 6.0. It compiled
> fine and
> seemes to work. However when I try to create even a simple table I get
> the following
> error:
>
> Incorrect information in file './mysql/foo.frm'
>
> Any ideas what this is?
>
> Thanks,
> Leigh Porter

.frm files contain data defining the structure of the
corresponding table. The error message indicates that
somehow either the file got corrupted/was created in a
corrupted manner or mysqld did not get compiled quite
right and is unable to read .frm files properly. Let's
try this: bring in a binary distribution and see if you
can get it to work on the same machine. If you can,
there is something wrong in your compilation process.
Otherwise, there is something wrong with your system
libraries.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)