List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:May 24 1999 9:23pm
Subject:Re: mod_auth_mysql problem
View as plain text
Evan Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have mod_auth_mysql working on my server using Apache.  However,  I wanted to
> let users be able to change their passwords but I am running into a problem
> here.
>
> First, I have a form where they can enter their new password.  This data gets
> sent to a php form when they hit submit.  My problem is that they get prompted
> to enter their username and password again at this point by apache even though
> they are already authenticated.
>
> Perhaps this is because I am accessing and changing the password field with SQL
> in the php page the form redirects them to.
>
> Does anybody know a way to stop that from popping up.   I am getting desperate
> and any help is much appreciated
>
> Thanks,
> Evan
Evan,
It could be a problem with not getting a mysqladmin reload issued after
the password change,
or, if the form they enter their passwd in is in a different directory
than the one they're redirected to.  If this is the case, you need to
replicate the .htpasswd file into each directory within the secure PHP
DocumentRoot area.
Hope this helps.
Van
-
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
mod_auth_mysql as DSO for apache?Thomas Lund17 May
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql as DSO for apache?Vivek Khera17 May
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql as DSO for apache?Sasha Pachev17 May
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql as DSO for apache?Thomas Lund17 May
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql as DSO for apache?Sasha Pachev17 May
  • mod_auth_mysql problemEvan Thomas24 May
  • Re: mod_auth_mysql problemVan25 May
    • Re: mod_auth_mysql problemBenjamin Pflugmann26 May