List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:May 23 2000 3:30pm
Subject:Re: Apache and MySQL
View as plain text
Steve Poskitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with Apache Server and MySQL. I have
> looked for an answer on the Web but so far no luck.
>
> System : Pentium 200 MMX
> Apache : V 1.3.12
> MySQL : V3.22.32
>
> When trying to access the MySQL database through CGI
> scripts I get the following message :
>
> "DBI->connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL
> server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
> (111) at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/perl/lib/DB.pm line 109!
>
> I have tried changing user permissions and a variety
> of suggestion from the web all to no avail !
> Can somebody suggest a remedy.
>
> Apache is running as default user "nobody" and I have
> tried to give permissions for that user to access the
> database. It seems to be a problem with Apache
> accessing the socket.
>
> Steve Poskitt

"nobody" will need search permissions on /var/lib/mysql to find the socket
file.

Personally, I don't like that, so I put my socket in /usr/local/tmp.

Red Hat linux has a nasty habit of cleaning up the /tmp directory,  so you
don't want to put it there.

Thread
Apache and MySQLSteve Poskitt23 May
  • Build parameters identical to "Binary Distribution"???Jr. James E. Harrell23 May
    • Re: Build parameters identical to "Binary Distribution"???Benjamin Pflugmann23 May
      • Re: Build parameters identical to "Binary Distribution"???Jr. James E. Harrell24 May
    • Re: Build parameters identical to "Binary Distribution"???sasha24 May
  • RE: Apache and MySQLCraig Vincent23 May
  • Re: Apache and MySQLnicolas.jourden@laposte.fr23 May
  • Re: Apache and MySQLGerald Clark23 May