List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 23 1999 11:53pm
Subject:Re: Understanding Table Locking
View as plain text
>>>>> "unknown" == unknown  <unknown@stripped> writes:

unknown> Monty mentioned that he hadn't attempted this on the new Linux kernels
unknown> (and I know that lockd has been changed a bit in 2.2.x).  Is there
unknown> anything I can do to test this reliably?  I've got a development server
unknown> running 2.2.x that I can check with.

Hi!

You can easily test this by running the mysqld server with
--enable-locking and then run the 'fork_test.pl' script (from the
MySQL source distribution).  If the test still work, you can probably
continnue to use '--enable-locking'

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Understanding Table LockingJay Miller18 May
  • Re: Understanding Table LockingChristian Mack18 May
    • Re: Understanding Table Lockingunknown18 May
      • Re: Understanding Table LockingErik E Rantapaa19 May
        • Re: Understanding Table LockingPaul DuBois19 May
      • Re: Understanding Table LockingMichael Widenius24 May