List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 23 1999 6:56pm
Subject:Corrupt Table, isamchk just truncates data.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Swift <Richard.Swift@stripped> writes:

Richard> Hi all,
Richard> I've got a table with aprox 16,000 rows in it. Recently, it became corrupted
Richard> and now I get "ERROR 1030: Got error 127 from table handler" whenever I try
Richard> to do a select.  Running isamchk with -r or -q seems to fix the table but
Richard> truncates it down to about 1200 rows.  The output from isamchk looks like
Richard> this:

Richard> # isamchk -r jobs
Richard> - recovering ISAM-table 'jobs.ISM'
Richard> Data records: 15509
Richard> - Fixing index 1
<cut>
Data records: 1208

Richard> Any suggestions on how I might be able to recover all the data?

Richard> Thanks, Richard

Hi!

In all normal cases isamchk should be able to recover all your data.
In some extrema cases isamchk may however find information that looks
like a properly deleted block (even if it isn't) and in this case it
may be fooled.  In this case you may be able to fix it it with:

isamchk -r -e table_name

If this doesn't help and you don't have a backup  + an update log, the
only option is to ftp the table to
ftp://www.mysql.com/pub/mysql/secret
and we will take a look at this.

Unfortunately this has to wait until we come back from USA on
1999-06-01.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Corrupt Table, isamchk just truncates data.Richard Swift17 May
  • Corrupt Table, isamchk just truncates data.Michael Widenius24 May
RE: Problem running make for MyODBC packageJeff Jirsa20 Jun