List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 24 1999 2:02am
Subject:Dropped connection timeout
View as plain text
>>>>> "Vlad" == Vlad Shalnev <vlad@asv> writes:

Vlad> Hi, All!
Vlad> I make Delphy -> MyODBC -> Mysql (UNIX) application. The problem is long
> timeout
Vlad> (nearly 1 minute) while ODBC driver detecting that connection is dropped. Can I
Vlad> decrease this timeout ?

Hi!

I am not aware of any such problems.  This could of course be a bug in
the Winsock library and in this case this may be rather hard to fix

MyODBC does a simple write on the socket port; In normal cases the
socket should directly detect that there isn't anything on the other
end and time out.  I don't know how to test for this porperly (or even
if this is possible)...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Dropped connection timeoutVlad Shalnev20 May
  • Dropped connection timeoutMichael Widenius24 May