List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 24 1999 4:28pm
Subject:Re: [Q] tables_priv ...
View as plain text
Zeus V Panchenko wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> please, could anybody help me to understand better, how to set priveleges
> correctly.
>
> I need to set some users only to :
> select tab1,tab2;
> insert tab1.
>
> while tab3, ..., to be unreacheble ...
>
> In manual it wreetten not enough for me ... sorry for stupid question, but i
> really need the help
>
> --
> Zeus V. Panchenko

Zeus:

Read the manual again, relax, ponder, until you
understand the privilige system in MySQL. The manual
actually explains it quite well. Just make sure you have
gotten enough sleep before you read it :)

Actually, mysql does not support priviliges on the table
level. If you want to accomplish what you are
describing, you need to move your tables into different
databases.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)