List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:May 24 1999 2:43pm
Subject:Re: How to relational two tables in mysql?
View as plain text
Cristina Durana wrote:

> Hi all!!!!!!
> I need to know how to make a relationship between two tables
> in mysql, where the first table have the strutured for the
> books(registers) and the second table have data from people
> that will receive information about the register(s) that
> contains information about the subject choosen.

In order to link the two tables they need to share a common
column.

Without knowing your application it is rather difficult to
advise. Perhaps, in your example, nregister could be added
to table two? Data could then be retrieved;

    "where t1.nregister = t2.nregister"...

May I suggest sections 1.7 and 1.8 of the manual [see below
for URL]? The first book mentioned is recommended reading &
looking at the "examples and source" will assist you should
you start coding.
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread