List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 23 1999 12:41am
Subject:Re: Lots of Help Please
View as plain text
At 4:40 PM -0600 5/22/1999, Sean wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>Well that didn't work here is the telnet response:
>
>mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'pet.txt' INTO TABLE pet
>    -> FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"'
>    -> LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';
>ERROR 1064: parse error near 'LOCAL INFILE 'pet.txt' INTO TABLE pet
>FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' ' at line 1
>mysql>
>
>It appears that LOCAL is causing the parse error but I can't see what I am
>doing wrong with it. Any ideas?

Your version of MySQL might be too old.  LOCAL was introduced in version
3.22.6.  What version do you have?  (You said 3.22 in an earlier message,
try this to find the full version number

mysql> SELECT VERSION();

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Lots of Help Pleasesean22 May
  • Re: Lots of Help PleaseSean23 May
Re: Lots of Help PleaseChristopher R. Jones23 May
Re: MySQL Book soon to be publishedFulko Hew7 Jun