List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:May 22 1999 10:00pm
Subject:Re: Lots of Help Please
View as plain text
>Hello All,
>cUT
Use LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE ......
if the text file is not in the same directory as the database tables

>When I try to use LOAD DATA INFILE 'RWTest.txt' INTO TABLE testaa
>           FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"'
>           LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';
>I get an error that ./test/RWTest.txt does not exist.
>
>I do not have root access to the server and infact I am unable to even
>telnet directly to the mysql server( I have been set up as Local Host
>through a UNIX socket). I can only load the files into my virtural server (
>www.sbenterprise.com/hold ) directories. How can I use this command?
>The other concern is when trying to export the data it saves the file to
>the mysql server and I can't get it to save it to my directory.
>
>CIHost has not been helpful with this problem and I was hoping someone who
>may have a similar setup would be able to help me out.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Sean

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Lots of Help Pleasesean22 May
  • Lots of Help PleaseMichael Widenius28 May
Re: Lots of Help PleaseChristopher R. Jones23 May
  • Re: Lots of Help PleaseSean23 May
    • Re: Lots of Help PleasePaul DuBois23 May
      • Re: Lots of Help PleaseSean23 May
    • MySQL Book soon to be publishedDavid Viner25 May
      • RE: MySQL Book soon to be publishedBen Margolin25 May
        • Re: MySQL Book soon to be publishedShalendra Majmundar25 May
        • MySQL Book 20% cheaper than HOREILLYShalendra Majmundar25 May
      • Re: MySQL Book soon to be publishedJustin Willoughby5 Jun
Re: Lots of Help PleaseAndrew Dunstan23 May
  • Re: Lots of Help PleaseSean23 May
Re: Lots of Help PleaseChristopher R. Jones23 May
Re: MySQL Book soon to be publishedFulko Hew7 Jun