List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Drew M Hahn Date:May 22 1999 3:13pm
Subject:RE: Search Engine
View as plain text
Webinator doesn't use MySQL but is also kick-ass.  It does full-text
indexing and is extremely fast.  I've got 80,000 pages in it and it
returns results in less than a second.  The <10,000 pages version is free.
	www.thunderstone.com

-drew

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Ben Margolin wrote:

> ht://Dig kicks ass for modest sites. It doesn't use mysql,
> but I'm not so sure you want to do full-text indexing with
> a DB anyhow---the magic's in the FT index generation, and that's
> not what mysql (or any standard DB engine) is designed for.
> http://www.htdig.org/
>
> [ Ben Margolin - ben@stripped ]

mySQL for OS/2David Dudley21 May
  • Search EnginePaul Adem22 May