List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 22 1999 8:45am
Subject:Re: keeping order of insertion.
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

Carlos> Ok, ok,  I surrender, I'm not gonna argue about this anymore, but I'd like
Carlos> to abuse a little more of your patience if you will...

Carlos> I want to develop a search systems that uses a cache: if you look for
Carlos> something then you got the first X items, then if you hit the "show me the
Carlos> next X hits" button I won't make that search again; instead of that, I'll
Carlos> show you the following records from the cache already mentioned.

Carlos> Since Mysql doesn't support SELECT... INTO yet

<cut>

MySQL does support the syntax:

INSERT INTO table SELECT ...

This is basicly the same thing as what you are asking for and this is
the ANSI SQL way to do it!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Re: keeping order of insertion.Carlos Paz19 May
  • Re: Re: keeping order of insertion.Thimble Smith19 May
  • Re: Re: keeping order of insertion.Pete Harlan19 May
    • Re: keeping order of insertion.Carlos Paz19 May
      • Re: keeping order of insertion.Michael Widenius22 May
      • Re: keeping order of insertion.Michael Widenius22 May
    • Re: Re: keeping order of insertion.Stephen F. Johnston Jr.19 May
      • Re: keeping order of insertion.Dan Nelson19 May