List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jonathan michaels Date:March 17 1999 1:37am
Subject:Re: mysqlimport documentation
View as plain text
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 06:13:23PM -0700, Thimble Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 08:06:40PM -0500, Sanford Carr wrote:
> > I've tried a couple of methods of formatting a text file with
> > mysqlimport with no success (comma delimited double quoted, tab
> > delimited).  Is there documentation - all I've been able to see on my
> > server is a slightly cryptic help screen.
>
> The manual has a section for mysqlimport.  There is a LOT of information
> in that section, including many examples.

some pointers would be apreciated .. this disabled person had probelms find
the documentation regarding cvs imports as well, i'm also looking at seting up
teh importation of an asksam database. this i can export as text delimited or
.dbf but need to know a bit of detail about how mysql handles text fields.

now for another small issue ..

of teh documentation that i have read, i found it very hard to understnad, it
is not very well written, that is for people who have less than perfect
cognitive skills ... i have dsylexia and found teh formating of teh text
(documetation) to be as much of a probelm as teh language level used.

i'm not asking, saying that the documentation should be pitched at vegetable
level survivors, but a little less 'assuming' about the usage of certain
idioms would make it easier to swallow and follow.
itself to be

regards

jonathan

please, excuse my spelling, after its been through my dsylex'd filtering
and fixed yup by neurologically deficieted arms hands and eyes, its lucky
to be followable let alone readable. grin sort off.

Jonathan Michaels
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445 Australia

Thread
mysqlimport documentationSanford Carr17 Mar
  • Re: mysqlimport documentationThimble Smith17 Mar
    • Re: mysqlimport documentationjonathan michaels17 Mar