List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:May 15 2000 12:14pm
Subject:Help with removing old version Mysql
View as plain text
Hello I have a few simple questions:

First, I have a Laptop that I installed Mandrake 7.0 on and it works
great.
The problem is that it also installed an older version of mysql that I
didn't know about.
Version 3.20.32a? and I have downloaded and installed the latest binary
version 3.23.32 and it runs fine
when I start it from the ./bin/safe_mysqld & line - but I really want to
remove the older version and didn't realize it was on there until I
compiled PHP3 with Apache and I ran the PHPinfo file and to my surprise
it shows Mysql 3.20.32a as the API client.  And everytime I run mysql -V
from the command line it shows the older version.

So, is there an easy way to remove the older version or can I simply
update.  I have no databases started so I can delete everything without
worry - just wondered if anyone had step by step instructions for
removing the older version and or upgrading to the latest version.
Also, need help in setting the latest Mysql to start when the computer
is booted - just like the Mysql 3.20.32 is now.

Also, will I have to recompile the PHP3 ./configure to pick up the new
Mysql?
Should I ask about installing the XML modules as well?

Thanks for all the help.

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
Help with removing old version MysqlDouglas Brantz15 May