List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pan Hong Date:May 21 1999 11:25pm
Subject:Re: Can't startup mysql daemon
View as plain text
I solved the problem now.  Thanks a lot.  I didn't do a flush privilegs
last time before stopping the mysqld.

Pan Hong

Thimble Smith wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 05:32:57PM -0700, Pan Hong wrote:
> > I'm new to mySQL.  I couldn't restart the mysql server after I set a
> > password for root user in the database. I'm working on FreeBSD 2.2.8
> > with mySQL 3.22.22.
>
> FreeBSD threads have a problem with signal passing.  The threads
> don't receive signals properly, so 'mysqladmin shutdown/kill'
> don't work.  You have to use 'kill -9 $PID' to kill things.
>
> Do a mysqladmin flush-tables before stopping your daemon.
>
> I haven't gotten to test this with the latest FreeBSD threads
> yet, but I think it may be fixed by now, if you use -STABLE
> instead of 2.2.8.
>
> Tim
Thread
Can't startup mysql daemonPan Hong21 May
  • Re: Can't startup mysql daemonThimble Smith21 May
  • Re: Can't startup mysql daemonPan Hong22 May
Re: Can't startup mysql daemonJordan Krushen21 May