List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:May 21 1999 7:57am
Subject:Re: INSERT
View as plain text
On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 07:31:08AM +0000, Sandrine C. wrote:
> Just a little question :
> how to insert several tuples at the same time

Take away the outer parentheses:

    insert into lexique values
            ('0','handicape','personne non valide', '1999-01-01'),
            ('1','tt','bla bla', '');

> by the way, even if there is an autoincrement, i have to write
> it by hand no?? otherwise my primary key woould be consider as
> null, and be rejected!  no?

No.  If you insert NULL into an auto_increment column, it will
generate the new value.  So, the correct way to use an
auto_increment colum is to explicitly insert NULL or to not
name the column in the column list.

Can you suggest how we could make the manual descriptions of
these items more clear?  Both of these questions are fully
covered in the manual.

Thanks,

Tim
Thread
INSERTSandrine C.21 May
  • Re: INSERTThimble Smith21 May
  • Re: INSERTJim Faucette21 May
Re: INSERTRuprecht Helms21 May
  • Date prior to EpochShalendra Majmundar24 May
    • RE: Date prior to EpochDon Read25 May