List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Pflugmann Date:May 21 1999 5:52am
Subject:Re: sql_string.cc use of "false".
View as plain text
Hi.

If I remember correctly, "false" _is_ defined in ANSI C++. As I don't
have a documentation at hand, I cannot tell for sure, but a test run
suggests the same.

> cat test.cc
int main(int, char**)
{
  bool flag = false;
}

> g++ --ansi --pedantic test.cc

runs without errors. (Note that it does not include anything, so
'false' is a recognized keyword.)

If I am right, this would mean that your xlC compiler either is not
standards compatible or you have to switch that on.

Bye,

	Benjamin.