List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: Alpha linux problems
View as plain text
On Fri, 21 May 1999, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Start your server and check the processlist to see whether it really
> runs. (You can also checks this with the log files)
>
> If it does, you probably have problems with your privileges or so, but
> that's just an wild assumption (not enough data to something
> concrete).
>
> If not, the server seems to crash (and it would be really an alpha
> related problem).
>
> In any case we need much more information to be able to help you. Have
> a look at the debugging and bug reporting sections of the manual (see
> the footer of the mail). Why didn't you use mysqlbug?
>
> Bye,
>
> 	Benjamin.
>
> On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 10:26:54PM -0400, hmiller@stripped wrote:
> > Hi
> >  I have used your rpm file to set up  mysql on a dec alpha running
> > Redhat 5.0.  Everything works fine - many thanks for your efforts.
> > I have tried to setup xmysqladmin and am unable to connect to
> > mysql.  I can, however, start and stop the server. Do you have any
> > idea what the problem might be?
> > Hank Miller

I have had mixed luck with xmysqladmin. I have an RPM if there are those
who are intersested but I am sure there is at least one more 32bit pointer
problem left and it seems to not understand the grant structure.

I just thought to test it again and browsing the tables managed to give me
a core dump.

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974
alvin@stripped              ||

Thread
Alpha linux problemsKyle Christensen2 May
  • Alpha linux problemsMichael Widenius2 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender5 May
      • PHP and MySQLRyan5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLDaniel E. White5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLkalle volkov5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLJens Ellegiers5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLDavid Bruha5 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender3 May
Re: PHP and MySQLSandrine C.6 May
  • Re: PHP and MySQLVivek Khera6 May
RE: PHP and MySQLJohn Imison6 May
  • mysql under dec-osfFabrice Marchal6 May
    • mysql under dec-osfJani Tolonen12 May
Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender7 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsJohn Banks7 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender8 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsHank Miller19 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsBenjamin Pflugmann21 May
      • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender21 May