List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frederik Feys Date:May 20 1999 9:46pm
Subject:...non-updatable fields..
View as plain text
Hi, i'm using MySQL for windows, and MYODBC...
with Visual Basic (don't hate me for it :o)...

..all works well except that fields of type 'text' or returned
as 'non-updatable'... is this a setting or beheavior of MySQL or
MyODBC ? or is this one of those strange things VB has ?

I can do "insert into mytable(mytextfield) values(myvalue)" without
any problem but I would like to use the .AddNew, .Update methods
visual basic has...
(i could change 'text' to 'char(255)' but only as a last option)

thanks

Frederik.

Thread
...non-updatable fields..Frederik Feys21 May